EPL's Internet & Computer Use Policy
Enterprise Public Library
Internet & Computer User Registration & Policies Agreement
I understand and agree to abide by The Enterprise Public Libraryís Acceptable Internet Use Policies. I understand that failure to follow these guidelines may result in Internet privileges being suspended or revoked and may include possible legal action. I understand that access to the Internet is compatible with the EPLís endorsement of the Library Bill of Rights, the Freedom to Read, and Freedom to View documents.
Patrons under the age of 18 years must comply with the following guidelines:
v A parent or legal guardian must sign the agreement for a minor under the age of 18 years.
v Juvenile Internet users under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who remains with the child at the computer work station.
v Parents or guardians, not the EPL or its staff, are responsible for the information selected or accessed by minors.
I understand and will comply with the following policies:
- Computer users must comply with the guidelines covered by the Internet User Agreement. Failure to follow the policies could lead to suspension or revocation of computer privileges.
- Computer time will be allotted to users with a minimum of 1 hour use, 1 time a day.
- The EPL staff will assign the computer to the user. Once a computer is assigned, the user may not change to another computer.
- Based on the limited number of computers available and limited number of staff, no gaming will be allowed on library computers except for educational games on the childrenís computers.
- Parents or legal guardians must physically come into the library to register children under 18 years of age for Internet privileges. Internet users under the age of the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who remains with the child at the computer work station.
- EPL computers are not to be used for illegal activities that include but are not limited to viewing pornographic material, hacking, cracking, spamming or attaching viruses.
- Computer configurations on the desktop and in the computer are not to be changed.
- No downloads are allowed.
- EPL computers are intended for educational use. No chat rooms (MY SPACE is NOT Allowed!!) or personals are permitted.
- Internet/ computer users must pay for ALL copies printed after EPL staff count them.
- Patrons may use removable storage media (flash/jump drive, CD, floppy disk) at their own risk. Any patron using removable storage must notify the EPL staff when checking out computer time.
- Computer users may not hold the EPL responsible for information acquired on the Internet.
- Computer users may not hold the library responsible for any malfunctions.
The EPL does not provide electronic mail accounts (e-mail), but patrons/users may access personal accounts provided by other at their own risk. Privacy is not guaranteed.
Revocation of Privileges
Internet privileges may be modified, suspended, and/or revoked at the discretion of EPL for unacceptable usage. Violation of the Acceptable Use Policy may result in suspension or loss of Internet privileges and may include legal action. (March 2008)