Support Your Library
Public funding provides for day-to-day operation, and community support allows us to flourish and grow. Here are ways you can help.
Your tax-deductible cash donation is always welcome and may be given directly to the Enterprise Public Library or to the Friends of The Enterprise Public Library, a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation will enrich, not replace, traditional tax-based funding and allow us to expand cultural programs and services.
Matching Employer Gifts
Many employers will match their employees' contributions to charitable nonprofit groups, thus increasing the size of your gift to the Enterprise Public Library. Ask your employer if they offer this program.
Many patrons choose to include the library in their wills or trusts. Please call the Library Director at (334) 347-2636 for more information.
Memorial and In-Honor of Donations
Honor the memory of a loved one, pay tribute to family or friends, or celebrate a special occasion by donating to library. A gift may be used to memorialize a loved one, to celebrate an important occasion in the life of a friend or relative, or to enrich the library's resources.
- Contributions are used to provide books, magazines, and other useful materials for your community library.
- A bookplate inscribed with the name of the donor and the person honored is placed in each volume purchased with your gift.
- The person honored or the family of the one memorialized is notified of the gift without mention of the amount. Donors receive an official acknowledgement from the Enterprise Public Library.
- Each donation enables groups and individuals to share with the community as well as to mark occasions of recognition and remembrance through a thoughtful and enduring gift to the library.
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- If you wish to make a memorial gift, please stop by the front desk or call (334) 347-2636
The Enterprise Public Library is grateful for your donations of books and other library materials. Thousands of books are given to the library each year and hundreds are added to our shelves. The rest are sold at the Friends of the Enterprise Public Library's used book sales or in the Daily Deals section. Whether added to our collection or sold to the public, your book donation benefits the library and is tax-deductible.
The Enterprise Public Library accepts:
- books, hardback and paperback
- compact discs
- vinyl records
- sheet music
The Enterprise Public Library cannot use:
- investment books published more than 3 years ago
- computer books published more than 3 years ago
- tax books published more than 5 years ago
- business books published more than 10 years ago
- text books published more than 10 years ago
- art prints
Please do not donate books or other materials in poor condition. The library cannot use them and must make arrangements for disposal. If you wish to give items not included on this list, please call (334) 347-2636.
Where do the donations go?
All donated materials are reviewed by a librarian to determine if they will be added to the library's collection. Leftovers are given to the Friends of the Enterprise Public Library who then sort and shelve them for re-sale. Used book sale proceeds are donated back to the library. Books that do not sell are given to charitable and non-profit organizations.
How and where do I donate books?
Books may be donated at the library. If you bring a large donation to the library and need help unloading it, please call (334) 347-2636 in advance to make arrangements.
Is my book donation tax-deductible?
Yes. If you wish to receive a receipt which can be used for tax filing purposes, please ask your librarian for the proper form.
The Enterprise Public Library welcomes volunteers and appreciate their contributions of time and talent to assist library staff in delivering services more efficiently and effectively. Volunteers make considerable contributions throughout the library system by performing a variety of assignments including shelving books to assisting with programs and events. If you wish to volunteer, please call (334) 347-2636 or stop by the library.
Join the Friends of the Library
For over 20 years, the Friends of the Library have dedicated themselves to supporting and enriching the Enterprise Public Library. We invite you to join this dynamic group of individuals who share a love of books and libraries.